The Google Secrets
Ask anybody and 120% of the people asked will want to know the Google secrets. Knowing the Google Secrets will make you:
- Rank high up on their index
- Rich beyond belief
- Famous beyond belief
Turns out that Google doesn't really have SEO secrets, that's the search engine optimization secrets. If Google had those secrets why do Bing, Microsoft search engine, returns very similar results to search requests? The only real difference between Bing and Google is the frequency and the breadth of the indexing spiders. Google is still winning that war, but Microsoft's Bing is improving.
By the way, Yahoo is out of the picture, since they are farming out their search to Microsoft's Bing.
So back to the secrets. Google had published them in the late 2008. Now Google has updated its Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide in PDF format.
It's the same guide as before but repackaged and improved in the clarity and simplicity. The most important topics for photographers are:
- The page titles: page 4/5
- The page description: page 6/7
- The use of images: page 18/19
What's so important of these topics?
It's what people will use to decide if they want to click on the link offered by Google to your website. Get them wrong and even if Google places you on top of the index, people will not click on the link.
I'm not saying that the rest is unimportant, but get these 3 things right and you will be ahead of millions of other websites.
- Make sure that you ONLY download the Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide from Google itself. Here is Google's only link Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide.
- All the other so called search engine optimization starter guides are fake or modified versions of it.
- Many people did take Google's document, repackaged it and called it their own.