Move Lightroom To New Computer
Here are the steps if your computer is dying or you want to upgrade your hard drive/computer.
- You should install Lightroom on your new computer/hard drive.
- Copy all the directories that contain your photos.
Copy all of your Lightroom presets:
- Windows XP: It's in the Documents and Settings[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom folder with the file names ending in .lrtemplate
- Windows Vista: It's in the Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom folder with the file names ending in .lrtemplate
- Apple OSx: It's in the [username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom folder with file names ending in .lrtemplate
Copy all of your Lightroom preferences
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\Lightroom 2 Preferences.agprefs
- Windows Vista: Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Lightroom 2 Preferences.agprefs
- Apple OSx: In the [username]/Library/Preferences folder: com.adobe.Lightroom2.plist
- Backup all of your Lightroom catalogs.
- Do not bother copying all the previews, they will be regenerated by Lightroom when Lightroom will need them.
Replace [username] with your logon id.