C.Fn III -13 Mirror lockup
Canon 7D: C.Fn III -13 Mirror lockup
Do you want to lock the mirror up before taking a photo? This is mostly for macro, long lenses, huge extended lenses, extra — super long exposures…
- Disabled. That's the normal for everyday operations for most of us.
Enable. To take photos:
- Do the focus
- Press the shutter button in full. This will lock the mirror in the up position
- Press the shutter button in full for the second time. This time, the Canon 7D will take the photo.
- Pressing the shutter twice is dumb! You are again creating vibrations.
- If you need to use the mirror lockup, you must use a remote trigger.
- Using the timer is not very practical if you make photos of moving objects, or under changing light conditions.