C.Fn III -11 AF-Assist Beam Firing
Canon 7D: C.Fn III -11 AF-assist beam firing
Do you want to use the AF focus assist in low light? and how to use it.
- On. Use the focus assist from the camera.
- Disable. No AF-assist beam. The Canon 7D will not generate the beam assist. The Canon 7D will not ask any external flash for a beam assist, even if you've programmed it on the external flash.
- On and from the external flash only, if it supports it. Some external flashes, like the Vivitar 285, do not provide any AF assist beam but the 580EXII does.
- Infra-Red AF assist beam only. That's only for the external flashes that have them, like the 580EXII. This stops the small built-in flash from generating the bursts of light for the AF beam assist.
- My setting is 2.
- These settings only controls the small flashes that are attached to the Canon 7D. They can be attached through the hot shoe, with an extension cable like OC-E3 or wireless with Radio Poppers/Pocket Wizards.