Canon 7D: 6 Customs Settings
According to the manual, the Canon 7D has 3 customs settings: C1, C2 and C3. Contrarily to the manual, I use 6 custom settings.
- I paid full price when the Canon 7D came out in September 2010.
- I want to get my money's worth.
- I'm special ;)
Like everybody else, I first used the C1, C2, and the C3 Camera User settings.
- C1: My basic Av default setup, ISO 400, f/6.3, Daylight, Zone Af, and High speed continuous. That the one that I use the most for â€œmy outdoors.â€
- C2: My basic panorama setup: Manual, ISO 100, 1/10s, f/11, Daylight, AF off, Â±1.67 bracketing, 2-sec. Self-timer/Remote control
- C3: My basic flash setup: Manual, 1/80s, f/5.6, ISO 400, Single shooting, Center-weighted average metering. That the one that use the most for â€œmy indoors.â€
Then after a while (like I said, I'm special), I started noticing that the Aperture-Priority AE, the Shutter-Priority AE, and the Manual Exposure settings carried over from the last session. So now when I have nothing to do, I just â€œplay with the camera,â€ I reset the Av, the Tv and the M modes with the Quick screen. These settings are different from Camera User Settings. So for example my C1 setting is f/6.3, my Av setting is f/11. Same for the Tv setting.
Yes, it's not as convenient as having 6 simple Custom User Settings, but it helps during the photo session so I don't have to think (I told you that I was special;)