Show Yourself As A Professional
I was at a reception, taking photos of the guests, and suddenly this guy turns around with 2 Canon 1DMk3 cameras around the neck, a monster flashes and L lenses: $20,000 hanging around his neck. He had far more gear than me. I think he said he was the cousin of the master of ceremony, not that I actually listened to him. I'm the "professional", he's the "jerk" who followed me around, and whatever I did, he always said:
What about doing it this way?
Implying that I didn't know what I was doing. He had more equipment than me, he made more noise, how did I look professional?
This simple lowly accessory got this guy out of my hair: THE GREY CARD
- First I took photos of the person/group with the grey card, then without the grey card.
- When people asked "What's that?", and they always ask, I explained: It's to make sure that I get the color of your eyes right.
- He did not have a grey card.
- He never used a grey card.
- I established to him and the world that you knew what I was doing.
Eventually he left me alone.