Let's See How
When I negotiate rights or prices, I always:
- Slow down the negotiation
Why slow down negotiations? Don't you want to get over it quick, be done and get your cash? No, the faster you go, the more money you leave on the table, the less money you will get.
When I slow down:
- I can think better, it may be age related, aka the "old fart" syndrome.
- I can get the other side to explain better what their photo uses are.
- I can come with more creative solution.
- The customer can decide what she wants.
Let's see how we can work this out.
Once you've said: "Let's see how we can work this out." Restate the customer position and ask:
Do you really need...?