Compete With A Lower Priced Photographer
Your worst nightmare: you finally got "a live one", a customer, a real one looking to buy your platinum extra deluxe package. She's convinced, she wants it, but she has to check with her husband, her boss, her best friend, her cat and her dog. Meanwhile, somebody tells her about how her friend used this guy that did everything, including washing the dishes, for half of the price!
What are you gonna do?
- Lower your prices. How low can you go? How will you compete against free? Will you pay the customer to make the photos?
- Sell prints or sell memories?
- Give extras, but keep the price identical.
- Create an experience. Weddings or portraits? What about including a make-up artist in the package?
- Guarantee 110% money back guarantee.
- Offer referral rewards, such as a free print for every person referred, or a free wedding album for every wedding referred...
- Scare them in using your services instead of your competitor's. You are insured, he's not. Many locations require photographers to have liability insurance...
- Costco sells "decent" prints for $0.12
- Memories cannot be replaced and are priceless